Forex Contest Winners Announced!

Congratulations to the winners of our recent contest sponsored by Excel Markets. After 30 days of competition, here are the winners:

1st place, winning $5,000 after gaining 21,955% – Contest – hamdann

2nd place, winning $2,000 after gaining 6,073% – Contest – alexsukno

3rd place, winning $1,000 after gaining 4,838% – Contest – dudud

4th place, winning $500 after gaining 1,226% – Contest – Davyzheia

5th place, winning $500 after gaining 1,218% – Contest – amzhc

6th place, winning $200 after gaining 933% – Contest – bjc9

7th place, winning $200 after gaining 828% – Contest – seb32

8th place, winning $200 after gaining 822%  – Contest – polossat

9th place, winning $200 after gaining 640%- Contest – poovanart

10th place, winning $200 after gaining 593% – Contest – Powers

Winners, you’ll be contacted by Excel Markets to claim your prizes.

Moving on to the contest’s analysis:

Excel Markets Contest Analysis

If you click on the above info-graphic, you’ll find the following data:

- 26% of accounts didn’t open a single trade. Out of the remaining 74%, only 9% of accounts were profitable while 65% lost money.

- Almost 40% of accounts got margin called

- The 1st place ended way ahead of the competitors.

- Winning and losing accounts had almost identical trade profitability (66% win, 34% losses)

- Winning accounts had 5 times a larger average win (16 pips) versus the losing accounts (3 pips) yet also a 7 times larger average loss (-21 pips) vs the losing accounts (only -3 pips).

Wishing you a profitable week ahead!

The Myfxbook Team.

One Response to “Forex Contest Winners Announced!”

  1. Jon says:

    What about the amount of trades and size of the trades? How often did winning traders trade?